Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dubb Zero


Dubb Zero is far from being a Zero. His perseverance and passion for music has got him well on his way of being #1. Born in Cape Verde and raised in Brockton, MA he is able to give us the best of both worlds. As a creolo living in the states, he brings the American hip hop flavor along with the Cape Verdian island flavor to his music. His music ranges from hip hop to r&b to zouk, so you'll never be bored. His lyrical ability will have you wondering about what comes next...




Dubb Zero reps the one and only:

Working alongside other very talented music artists such as Chris Barbosa (1st artist featured on MusicBound), Passada Barbosa, Delano Barbosa, Kharee, Capito and many more...


"Dubb Zero this is for all my Jordan fans, the Air Jordan shoes. Anybody who knows what Dubb Zeros are the Dubb Zero sneakers when they brought it out was basically a compilation of all the best Jordans at the time. So for example they took the 7s, they took the 10s, they took all these great pairs of retro shoes and put it together to make one super shoe. So basically I took that and I ran with that because I feel like i'm alot of different styles and a lot of different people all in one. I dont think that anyone can really say 'hey thats particularly how he raps or how he does music', that one way. I give you a variety..."
-Dubb Zero [Citiflix Interview]





Dubb Zero's First Mixtape Greatness in the Making

To download it visit:

For more music check out:

BFMI "Ready or Not Remix"

Passada Barbosa ft Dubb Zero "My Touch"

Kharee ft Dubb Zero "I Wasnt"

BFMI "Unthinkable Remix"

Citiflix Interview






[LL] How long have you been interested in music for?
[DZ] I been interested in Music since the first time i heard Michael Jackson!
[LL] How did you get started?
[DZ] Me Rapping all got started in High School when me and a bunch of friends would just freestyle for hours together just for fun. 
[LL] Is music just a hobby or do you plan on making it your career?
[DZ] Music is MY LIFE...Career is a understatement! 
[LL] Who do you look up to (musically)?
[DZ] I have always looked up to MJ "The King", Nas, Jay Z, 2pac, Biggie, BIG PUN, Lionel Richie, Boys 2 Men, Fugees... All of these amazing artists have had something to do with how i make music today!
MJ because of how he made every woman want him and every dude wanna be like him
Nas because of how he painted amazing pictures of his life...thru Rap
2pac because he was truly a Poet with his words...
Boys 2 Men because they poured there heart in every song...i could go on All day!
[LL] Who are the top 5 artists you would like to work with? Why?
[DZ] Top 5 artists to collab with would be Jay Z because he is literally the current KING of HIP HOP,
NAS because i have looked up to him since i knew what HIP HOP was, Andre 3000 just because his style is so unique, Usher because i think he is a Musical Genius, and Weezy cuz his swag and energy on a track is 2nd to none... Oh and i cant forget about this talented young lady named Lisa Lopes...Great Voice! [LOL]

[LL] Do you write your own music? Whats the process?
[DZ] Yes i write all my own music but we also on occasion have creative team writing session #BFMI!
I first come up with a concept that i wanna portray then i start to piece together line by line exactly the picture i wanna paint...I have the heart of a true writer...no blackberry rhymes lol pen and pad..old school status... 
[LL] What have been the highlights of your musical career?
[DZ] A highlight in my music career was opening up for Akon in my homeland of Cape Verde the experience was truly incredible...Akon is a Amazing performer! It was great performing for "my people" the response was legendary!!
[LL] What advice would you give to someone thinking about pursuing a musical career?
[DZ] My advice to someone trying to do music is "IF you put your soul into your music along and honestly work HARD then your dream can become a Reality" 
[LL] What are you currently working on right now?
[DZ] I am currently working on my Sophomore Mixtape... 
[LL] Do you have any albums/ mixtapes out? What is the name of it and why did you decide to name it that?
[DZ] I have my Debut Mixtape called "Greatness in the Making" out now and its getting a GREAT response...I chose to name is that because i truly believe that at this point in my career i am in the beginning stages of becoming Great...so this is the Making of Greatness...


Cant get enough of Dubb Zero?? Check him out on:




No comments:

Post a Comment