Tuesday, April 5, 2011

C. Barbosa

Chris Barbosa was born in Boston, MA. Shortly after he moved to where he calls "City of Champs", Brockton, MA, where he now resides. As a young Cape Verdean growing up in Brockton, it was "very tough", as he stated. With a lot of negative things going on, C. Barbosa was able to stray away from it all. With a positive mentality, he knew he had to take the higher road...


... the road lead him to M U S I C ...



C. Barbosa just recently dropped his debut album Grown
 HOT Hits Include:
"So Fine"
"Bad Boy" ft Jrod
"Dance With You"
and many more... 
To download his album visit:

Check out the video for "So Fine" 
  




[LL] How long have you been interested in music for?
[CB] I've been interested in music since i could speak. Something about music always got my attention. I always associated music with something good. I remember my junior high dances & the feeling I would get when I heard a particular song was so unexplainable! It Gave me the courage to talk to the the finest girl in the room lol

[LL] How did you get started?
[CB]  I officially got started after high school. I joined an R&B group called Image with three of my friends,Shane,Ryan,Eric and we did show's all across the New England area, we created a big buzz. After a couple of years we decided to go our separate ways.

[LL] Is music just a hobby or do you plan on pursuing it as a career?
[CB] Music is me, I don't really like labeling it. I love doing this regardless of anything. A Career is my goal definitely.

[LL] What made you decide to pursue music as a career?
[CB] I'm feeling like drake " i want this shit forever man". Its the only thing i wanted to do since childhood that i never let go of. Music defines me, its who I am!

[LL]  What has been the highlight of your music career?
[CB] One of my highlights was performing in Cape Verde and opening up for Akon. That was an amazing experience and I enjoyed every moment of it.

[LL] Do you write your own music? Do you play any instruments? 
[CB] I write all my own music with my writing team Fineprint Music (BFMI). I also play the piano. Im okay, but getting better lol

[LL] What advice would you give to someone thinking about pursuing a musical career?
[CB] Never give up because you only get better. You create your own reality, believe in yourself and block out the negativity.

C.Barbosa will be performing in NYC on April 14th
for more info visit:





 

No comments:

Post a Comment